The TreeLife platform features an integrated and free-to-use carbon footprint calculator.
A number of day-to-day activities contribute towards our overall carbon footprint – some examples include our dietary choice, catching a flight, purchasing a smartphone, and even browsing the Internet. We have estimated that a majority of the CO2 emitting activities that many of us encounter on a daily basis can be grouped into one of the following 5 categories (a brief explanation of how each category of the calculator works is provided below):
- Transportation – Select from a list of travel methods (bus, car …) and enter your travel destination; the calculator will estimate the associated carbon footprint of your travel choice.
- Flights – Simply enter the start and end destinations, the flight class, and even the frequency of a particular journey. From this data we can estimate the CO2 emissions for your trip.
- Dietary Lifestyle – Your carbon footprint is dependent on your dietary lifestyle. Choose one of the diets that would match your lifestyle most closely. The calculator provides the average CO2 emissions per person per year for a number of different diets.
- Energy at Home – Manually enter your electricity and gas reading from your energy bill, or select your household size to obtain an estimate of your reading. Enter the number of people that live within the household in order to obtain a value for the average carbon emissions per person.
- Technology – We included the 5 most common electronic devices which many of us use on a day-to-day basis. Simply enter the number of devices you own; we can then calculate the carbon cost of your devices’ lifetime (this includes the carbon footprint associated with manufacturing and the footprint generated when the device is in use). This section of the calculator is estimated based on carbon footprint data published by various manufacturers.